He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 9:32:55 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
A bright sunny day had greeted when he and his little sister left the safety of Fallarbor Town to explore Route 113. He had finally gotten a moment to take a vacation with her and what better to do than to indulge in the one thing she seemed to love more than him. ADVENTURE.

She had wanted to go to the Volcano, but he had heard news of something happening over there and so thought it wise to not get too close. She would have to contend with the ash covered grass of Fallarbor Towns nearby routes.

It didn’t seem like she minded as she ran through the tall grass smiling and laughing accompanied by a Petilil. Though she stumbled and fell at times, she quickly got up and brushed herself off before continuing on.

The sight made him a bit emotional. Wouldn’t be long now before she didn’t even need him anymore and to think she would only become ten years old this year. A speck of soot gently landed on his nose, catching his attention as he looked up.

The sun had disappeared behind a thick soot cloud without his notice.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 17:29:19 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]THAT’S HOW SUPERHEROS LEARN TO FLY

[attr="class","setting"]

Soaring through the sky on the back of Sora, there was nothing better, in his opinion. There was a certain freedom that came with taking to the skies. Just like there was a certain freedom in being able to share such an experience with one of his closest companions,.
[break][break]
As much fun as he was having, he didn’t even realize he took the wrong turn, and the terrain around him turned into something unfamiliar. He did, however, notice when the world around him turned to darkness. Was a solar eclipse scheduled for today? No, that wouldn’t explain the difficulty of breathing.
[break][break]
It had probably taken him longer than it should to realize it was hard to breathe. Worried about crashing and knowing that Sora was also struggling, he brought the Hisuian Braviary down. Barely giving the great bird time to land, he dismounted, returning Sora to his Pokémon.
[break][break]
Once he no longer had Sora to worry about, he looked around, only to realize he had no idea where he was. Confused, he looked at his surroundings like he might get an inkling of where he was if he stared hard enough.
[break][break]
Still nothing.
[break][break]
Looking around, he spotted a man around his own age, maybe a bit younger, near by. Perhaps he would know where they were. The idea of approaching anyone was scary, though.
[break][break]
Chewing his lip nervously, he decided to chance it. Not bothering to see if anyone else was nearby, he made his way closer to the younger male.
[break][break]
“Excuse me,” he said, his eyes firmly fixed to the ground.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#E0A526; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YS2JSzWt/IMG-2352.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 19:49:34 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald had been busy looking into the sky, debating with himself whether it was safe to stick around to notice the approaching stranger. And so when the stranger called attention to himself by speaking, Gerald almost sidestepped in surprise.

Turning to the man he rather frankly spoke. “Yes?”

Though his attention was on the man, he made sure to take quick peeks toward his sister making sure nothing nefarious was happening to her. He wasn’t about to fall for some shoddy kidnapping attempt.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 15:23:27 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Looking down as he was, he didn’t notice the younger males surprise, however minimal it may be. He did take note of his tone, though, and it took everything in him, not just shrinking into himself. Was he angry? Worried about what he might find if he checked, he kept his eyes down.
[break][break]
“I-I was wondering if you co-could tell me wh-where we’re at,” he said, struggling not to give a mumbled response. Figuring he would need some more details, he continued on. “I was fl-flying astride my Pokémon when we flew into a soot cloud. I-It’s my fault I wa-wasn’t paying attention like I sh-should’ve been,” he admitted, wringing his hands together.
[break][break]
Hopefully, the younger man would be kind enough to tell him where they were. If he did, he could figure out which direction he needed to go to get home. At least he hoped that would be the case.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#E0A526; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YS2JSzWt/IMG-2352.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 16:47:08 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald sighed. “You are on Route 113.” Gerald responded, his voice growing milder with each word.

“If you are going to Fallarbor Town, then it is that way.” he turned slightly and pointed in the direction. Only then realizing that the Soot had begun to start falling heavier, like snow on a winter day. The wind was picking up too.

Gerald’s sister had noticed the stranger approaching her brother and so returned to his side. She looked at Becket curiously and spoke. “Hi, who are you?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 16:50:53 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The fact that he was near Fallabor was definitely a surprise. He had, of course, been to Mount Chimney before but hadn’t ventured past Mount Chimney. So even though Fallabor wasn’t too far from Mount Chimney, he had never been. Though considering the abundance of ash, he should’ve been able to hazard a guess as to where he was.
[break][break]
“I guess just because you’re used to flying to certain places doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to get wrapped up in your own thoughts,” he mumbled more to himself than the younger male.
[break][break]
Seriously, he somehow got completely turned around. Seriously, how had he gotten turned around so badly to end here instead of Slatesport? This was completely in the wrong direction.
[break][break]
“It se-seems I got completely around,” he admitted sheepishly.
[break][break]
As focused as he was on the conversation with Gerald, he didn’t notice the kid until she spoke, causing him to flinch a bit in surprise. It was barely noticeable and probably easy to miss if one wasn’t really paying attention.
[break][break]
Turning so it would be easier to talk to both of them, he addressed the young girl. “My na-name’s Becket, or Beck, if you prefer. I was just asking for directions. Though considering the weather, it’s probably best not to fly.”
[break][break]
In these conditions, the only thing he would be doing if he tried to fly was crashing.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 8:01:39 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
“Seems you did.” Gerald acknowledged. His words had reached peak softness with the presence of his little sister there. Another gust of wind tugged at his clothes. He took a moment to perceive the sky and realized the weather was growing worse, and quickly. They should find cover or something.

While Gerald was doing that the little girl would look with big bright eyes at Becket while speaking. “Woah you have flying Pokemon!” Her eyes were practically sparkling. “I have flying Pokemon too!” She loudly proclaimed.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 5:20:50 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It was kind of embarrassing to have gotten turned around as much as he had, but at least he felt he would be able to find his way back to Mauville from here now that he knew where he was. Than he would be able to make his way back home.
[break][break]
However, doing so would have to wait. Wait until the weather has cleared up.
[break][break]
Thoughts of getting home were pushed to the back of his mind when Gerald’s younger sister approached. Upon her inquiring who he was, he introduced himself, not really expecting an introduction in return; it was more of a habitual thing for him to give his name than anything else.
[break][break]
“That’s great; I really like flying types. Bird Pokémon, especially,” he admitted, looking away, his face heating up a bit in embarrassment. “My first Pokémon was a Rufflet. I was kind of surprised when it evolved into a Hisuian Braviary.”
[break][break]
Making small talk had never been his strong point. He never really knew what to say. However, fear of hurt feelings usually kept him in the conversation.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 16:07:17 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The little girl’s excitement at Pokémon talk had caused her to forget the niceties of introducing herself. Though her face did quickly become a big question mark as Beckett spoke of a Hisuian Braviary. “Hi-Hisuan Braviary?” The little girl tried to repeat. “Can I see it?”

But before Beckett got the chance to answer, Gerald interjected. “Not now, we should go find some cover from the weather.” His gaze searched for somewhere close by but he saw little but trees that he wasn’t even sure would do the job properly.

And by now the soot was falling heavily with great help from the wind, and it was only going to get worse from here.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 19:20:42 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He opened his mouth to give a correction on the pronunciation as well as answer her question, but before he could, the younger man brought up a good point. Right soot was falling out of the sky. And pretty strongly by this point. Before too long, it would probably get a bit hard to breathe.
[break][break]
With that in mind, he began to look around himself. But, like the dark-haired man, nothing really stood out to him.
[break][break]
Chewing his lip nervously, he debated what to do.
[break][break]
The chances were that a Pokémon would be better at finding a place to hunker down. If that was the case...
[break][break]
“I don’t ha-have much when it com-comes to Pokemon, but I do have a-an Alonan Nintetales. She’s no dog Pokémon, b-but perhaps she’ll have a be-better time finding somewhere to wait out the storm,” he suggested.
[break][break]
However, before anything could be said, he spoke again. “That’s a stupid idea, is-isn’t it?”[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 11:32:15 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald considered the idea for a moment and was about to remark on its viability when the man was even quicker to shoot it down. It almost made him feel bad for the guy.

But before he joined his voice to the chorus of this man’s self-doubt, his little-sister spoke up with eagerness in her voice and sparkling eyes. “A ninetales?!Good idea!“ She beamed a wide smile, definitely having no ulterior motives about wanting to see an Alolan Ninetales.

“Suppose it’s a good enough plan. Let’s do it.” Gerald stated with a small sigh.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 3:43:48 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It would be the little sister who broke the silence after his self-esteem issues reared their heads instead of the black-haired man. The girl seemed more than eager to meet his Ninetales, while the brother seemed to be leaning more towards his way of thinking; however, the younger man would eventually side with his sister, probably unable to turn his little sister down.
[break][break]
With both of them agreeing, he would relent himself. Hopefully Sesi wouldn’t be too annoyed about being brought up in such conditions. Knowing her, as long as she was able to help Beckett, she wouldn’t be.
[break][break]
Taking out a pokeball, he would release the wintery fox from her pokeball. Unlike most of her kind, she was big for her size, standing well enough that of a normal-sized Ninetales, being big enough for someone to easily be able to ride her.
[break][break]
“Sesi, do you think you could find us a safe place to hunker down?” He asked, wringing his hands together, still apparently never.
[break][break]
By answer, Sesi would simply start sniffing the air as she looked around their surroundings until finally it seemed she had something. Glancing at the other two to make sure they were following, he would follow the snowy fox to what appeared to be an abandoned secret base.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 8:33:53 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The little girls eyes sparkled with the brightness of a hundred stars as the Alolan Ninetales came into view. Mouth agape with wonder as the sheer magnitude of this majestic beast came into her view.

She wanted to pet it. She NEEDED to pet it. Had the combined efforts of Gerald and the Petilil companion not stopped her, she would have jumped straight into the sure-to-be soft fur.

The girl pouted like only a kid who didn’t get her way could. But she resigned herself to her brother's judgment.

And so the sibling-pair followed Beckett and his Pokemon. And much to his surprise the snowy fox managed to find someplace safe. Not that he initially trusted it. As they came closer he took point, moving ahead and peer through the entrance before entering when he saw there seemed to be no danger in there.

Alas his eagerness to check for danger had led him to making a mistake. His sister was outside of arms reach. And she took the chance, quickly pouncing toward the Alolan Ninetales in an attempt to pet it.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 19:52:35 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As focused as he was on getting somewhere safe, he didn’t notice what went down between the two siblings. If he had, he would’ve told the younger man that Sesi wouldn’t hurt a soul. Not unless she thought Beckett or someone he came to care for was in danger.
[break][break]
Sesi, much like her trainer, had a gentle personality. This led to her being the mother type to him and his Pokémon. Of course, since he wasn’t watching them, he couldn’t tell either of them any of this.
[break][break]
Eying the secret base curiously, he would move aside to allow for Gerard to take point. He would’ve offered to do some instead, but Gerard came off as more guarded than he ever would. On the other hand, he would throw himself in front of a Pokémon attack if it meant protecting his Pokémon.
[break][break]
A sound from behind him would draw his attention to the fact that the little girl had managed to get close enough to Sesi to pet her. Sesi, like the well-behaved Ninetales she was, would sit perfectly still as the little girl petted her.
[break][break]
“Sesi is the mother figure of my Pokémon,” he said, keeping an eye on the scene. Not out of fear of Sesi trying anything, but in case the little girl got too cold while petting Sesi. While she wasn’t cold enough to cause pain, Sesi was, of course, a partial ice type, meaning she would be a bit cold to the touch.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#E0A526; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YSVhpz8Z/IMG-2432.jpg);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
The Soot Storm (mission)
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 16:22:06 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The secret base seemed safe.They could bundle up in there without much difficulty. With that in order he returned his attention to the rest of the group.

It was then he noticed what his sister was doing. His body tensed for a moment, but relaxed again as he saw the Pokemon behave well. The following assurances of its motherly nature made by its trainer helped to ease his fears too.

He did let a sigh out, but accepted that Anna would be allowed to succumb to her need to pet all the fluffy things. “Okay, but Anna make sure to not anoy her, understood?”

With fate written clear he resigned himself, found somewhere to sit down and wait out the sootstorm that roared outside.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS